By car, coming from Brussels and Brussels airport
- Take the E40 direction Luik (Liège) – Keulen.
- After about 20 kilometers, change to the E314 (A2) Leuven – Genk - Hasselt
- After about 500 metres, take the exit 15 Leuven.
- Follow the Boudewijnlaan (N264) until the 3rd traffic lights, where you turn right in the Celestijnenlaan.
WARNING: Your GPS may direct you to turn right at the first lights (Sint-Jansbergsesteenweg). This is wrong. Take the 3rd lights.
- Follow the Celestijnenlaan, until the 2nd road on the right (after about 200 metres). This is imec’s Kapeldreef. The visitor’s parking and central entrance are on the right.
Leuven is a stop on the international railroad London (UK) - Brussels - Liège - Köln (Germany).
Coming from any other line, you can change at Brussels' North, Central, or Midi stations, where there is a train to Leuven every 30 minutes.
Brussels International airport has its own railway station located in the airport building. You can take a direct train from the airport to Leuven.
For more information on train schedules, go to www.nmbs.be.
From Leuven station or downtown Leuven, bus 2 (Campus) will bring you to the Kapeldreef in Heverlee (terminus). The bus stop is situated just opposite the imec building.
For more information on busses, visit www.delijn.be, the website of the Flemish bus company.